Saturday, May 5, 2018

Well, it's been a long time! I have been doing more meal planning, but really wanted to get the blog back up. I've learned a lot since I attempted to start this many years ago. Less complicated meals, more shared ingredients! It's still a work in progress, but I thought I would share this week's plan. 

It's Cinco de Mayo - of course - so I got a pork butt and tossed that in the crockpot with some basic spices and that will form the basis of my meal plan for the week. I've also been working on making things instead of buying the produced versions. So, what's on the menu this week? 

1) pork tacos and margaritas!
2) pork eggs rolls, egg drop soup, rice
3) burrito/sushi bowl (you'd be surprised at the overlapping ingredients!) 
4) pulled pork with coleslaw

What did I make to prep for this? Well, the pork is the main thing. I had a bag of coleslaw mix from a sale last week and split that between coleslaw and an egg roll filling. I made tortillas - they are super easy, tasty and cheap. Egg roll wrappers - these are not as easy, but not terribly difficult and I had some leftover dough that might get turned into some kind of filled pasta this week. I also made enchilada sauce, which goes well in tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, huevos rancheros. I'm also making bread so sandwiches/toast can be last minute meals. And, I have more tortillas, avocados and of course...pork! 

I also have my herb/vegetable garden growing so expect to see posts using those ingredients in the future! 





No comments:

Post a Comment