Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bleh....

I'm going to be whiny today...this is your spoiler alert.....

The good...last night I made crockpot oatmeal. It's super easy, super cheap and if you are lazy, like me in the morning, you can throw it in a bowl and have breakfast on the go. My favorite oatmeal bowl is to recreate my favorite oatmeal cookies in a bowl. That means oatmeal, cinnamon, cranberries, nutmeg and cardamom... 


The bad...today was another LONG day.... Breakfast was thrown into a bowl to eat at my desk. Lunch was eaten at my desk. Dinner was thrown together with the sole purpose of having dinner tomorrow night. I made pastitsio. And then I had spaghettios for dinner. But, I made some "concoction" of pastitsio for lunch tomorrow. For those that don't know...my mom is the queen...no empress...of "concoctions". If you ask my mom for a recipe of something she made when I was growing up, she will give you a recipe that does not at all resemble what you grew up eating...she made her own - much better - changes. 

Despite the "throw this in a bowl to eat at your desk" breakfast, leftover lunch and spaghettio dinner...it was all pretty tasty. And I have two more bowls of breakfast. One is a facsimile of my favorite oatmeal cranberry cookie recipe, the other is a mish-mash of stuff - coconut, cinnamon, almonds. Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow! And, it's almost the end of the week. 

I have $13 in my grocery budget so I could go buy a whole chicken and some accessories to make this weekend, but I think I will just use up what I have at home and wait until after Feb 1 to go the grocery store. 

Tomorrow I have to fill in for my boss at a meeting in the same building as Ms Attitude's office so I will certainly stop by and say hi to her! 


1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have no idea what pastitsio is. I imagine it is good though because you made it. I had oatmeal for breakfast too! I like brown sugar and bananas in mine.

    ReplyDelete