Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The lingering non-cold

Still dealing with this annoying not really there cold which is really impacting my motivation. Freezer scrounged for lunch again today. Then, while lamenting that I hadn't stopped for grocery store Chinese for dinner (it's on sale!), I realized I had everything I needed for lo mein. Leftover cooked spaghetti, the coleslaw mix that still hasn't been eaten, and a bag of steamer veggies in the freezer (carrots, broccoli, snap peas and water chestnuts). Dinner was done in 10 minutes and I have lunch for tomorrow. There are a few things I would do differently next time, but a pretty good, super quick, cheap, mostly already prepared because of leftovers meal. The veggies weren't really as overcooked as the picture makes them look - they picked up the soy sauce color.

I also made part of a breakfast project for morning...more on that tomorrow!

I decided to wait until Saturday to nake the pork shoulder...it needs to cook 8-10 hours, but says to watch to see if it needs more liquid. I've only made one before and I can't remember if I added more liquid during cooking or not. Since I really don't want to burn it, or my kitchen, probably best to wait until I can supervise it. 


1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo! I'm a sucker for grocery store Chinese too, especially when it's offered with fuel saver discount.

    I recommend my remedy for colds: a hot bubble bath with a glass of red wine. Try it!

    ReplyDelete