Thursday, January 21, 2016

Breakfast Treat

As promised yesterday - today's breakfast treat. I have a friend, who one or two mornings a week, needs to be very close to my house at 7:30 in the morning. This means every week or two we use this as an opportunity to get together before work for either coffee or the most delicious of all breakfast foods (even better than egg Mcmuffins) - AM Crunchy Wraps! But, since we both like delicious coffee - which Taco Bell doesn't have anymore since discontinuing Cinnabon Coffee (at least here) - we often face a dilemma. Today, I took steps to remedy that!


Last night I mixed up the creamy jalapeƱo sauce (which needs a little tweaking). This morning I was able to make two of these in less than 20 minutes, while getting ready for work at the same time. To cut down on time - and dishes - I cooked the tots in a pan on the stove. This actually worked really well and saved time. I didn't put in the oil the package called for - just a spritz of cooking spray. While the first side was browning, I blow dried my hair. Flipped them and let the other side cook while I finished getting ready. After transferring the tots to the tortillas, I let the pan cool a bit, scrambled up the eggs and heated the sauce a little just so it wouldn't be cold. The eggs cooked really fast in the heated pan, then I added the cheese and wrapped as best as I could. Back in the pan (cheese side down first to seal them). Gave them a final flip. They weren't bad. There needs to be some refining in the sauce and I think the hash brown patties, or even tater rounds, would be a better potato layer. But, they were a pretty good substitute to go with good coffee.

Of course, now I'm lazy and don't feel like making dinner, so I have to find something easy to make and then scrounge up lunch for tomorrow, assuming I don't make something that will result in leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. I love your honesty.."I'm lazy and don't feel like making dinner...". I had that same thought last night. I'm going to try a make ahead breakfast idea this weekend and if it goes well, I might try this one too!

    ReplyDelete