Sunday, January 24, 2016

Lots of things ready for the week

I finally got the pork roast done. It cooked on low in the crockpot all day yesterday. I didn't take any pictures of it. It's not very photogenic when it comes out of the crockpot all falling apart. I pulled that all apart to use today. I also made egg rolls, but since I forgot to buy wrappers at the store on Friday night, I found a recipe and made them. The dough was easy to make and was easy to work with too. This also used up most of the coleslaw mix and, since it was sitting in the fridge, I chopped up the rest of the veggie mix I used in the lo mein and mixed it with some ginger, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, and a little bit of sesame oil and sautéed until soft. I bake them instead of frying, and just spritz with cooking spray on both sides. Bake 425 for 20 minutes or so, turning once. 


Today, I made cheater carnitas. I put the already cooked pork in a pan with a carnitas sauce and let it cook for a while. I also turned some of the shredded pork into bbq, and made coleslaw with the rest of the mix. And I made Cincinnati chili. I had already browned the ground beef and had it in the freezer so I put the cooked beef in water to boil. I didn't follow one recipe, I took a few, combined them, tasted and added more of what I thought it needed until it tasted right. Even though I started with browned and drained beef, it was still a little greasy. It's sitting in the fridge now to have the fat removed after it's chilled. This is the recipe I started with (https://www.pratesiliving.com/cincinnati-chili-mine-finally-tastes-like-skyline-chili/). Tomorrow's dinner will be chili and then some of the chili will get turned into pastitsio for later in the week.  

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go! You're starting to look like a genuine professional!

    ReplyDelete