Sunday, January 17, 2016

Lazier Sunday

Today was a little bit lazier. Breakfast was the last of the egg salad on an english muffin. Then, I decided to tackle the extra bedroom (aka the red room). During the holidays this room accumulated all kinds of junk. Then the light in the closet ceiling burned out...it needed lots of help. And, of course, I had help (please ignore the mess) - apparently my feet needed warming while I changed the bulb in the ceiling fixture. She's so helpful!

Ready for the oven
After getting the red room more or less under control, it was time for lunch. At about 2:00 (I also washed linens!) I finished the last rise of the pizza dough, split it in two, and rolled it out. Since I was lazy, I put it on a foil lined, cooking spray greased pan. I loaded it up with toppings and put it in the oven (475) for 10 minutes. After about 9 minutes it looked like the toppings were getting a little overdone so I pulled it out and let it sit a few minutes. The crust was a little soft under the toppings, but I think this was because I overloaded it with toppings and cooked it on a foil lined sheet. The exposed crust was crispy and delicious (the rest of the crust was pretty good too). It was easily as good as any frozen pizza (crust-wise) that you will buy. And, since I can't buy a pepperoni, artichoke heart, black olive frozen pizza - I will clearly be making this again! I think next time I will double the recipe just to stash away more in the freezer. I have another half for another day, but it would be a great thing to have tucked away to stick it in the fridge for a day or two and then just have a 20 minute rise and 10 minutes to bake on a weekday. And, it's a great way to use up whatever leftovers you have in the fridge. I only ate half because; 1) it was pretty filling; 2) it was a weird time to be eating and I might want more food before the day is over; and 3) I have two more pieces to take to work for lunch tomorrow. Tonight I will get the pork shoulder ready to cook in the crockpot while I'm at work tomorrow.
Ready to eat!
Week One is down! There were some hits and misses but, I didn't buy any pre-made food, I have some things stashed away in the freezer, and I'm still well within my grocery budget for the month. I think it's off to an okay start. Let's see how Week Two goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment