Monday, January 25, 2016

Finally bought lunch...

Yes, after all that weekend prepping, I bought lunch today. First time all month though so I guess that wasn't too bad. The problem was I hadn't actually packed anything up last night. Then I had to stop and buy something for work on the way in and had a lot of stuff to carry in (new work laptop! so I had both the old and new one home this weekend), and lot of stuff to get done early this morning at work. With all of that, packing lunch just didn't fit in to the plan this morning. But I made the most of it and made sure to buy something I would not make at home - bacon cheeseburger and fries. I probably eat a hamburger once every couple of months, but it seemed like a good choice. And fries are always a good choice!

I did finish Cincinnati chili tonight. There wasn't as much greasy to skim off as I thought there would be. It still made a difference in the finished chili though. And I have a container all ready for tomorrow. No morning laziness will derail my plans tomorrow. I have tons more of the chili to eat and make pastitsio with. And a bunch of pork. There will be some freezer meals taking shape tomorrow night. I posted a picture of the finished, cheese covered chili - and a sad, cheese-less version - in case anyone wants to actually see the chili. 

3 comments:

  1. You've done so well! Very proud. I hope you enjoyed that burger and fries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They were good - especially the fries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! They were good - especially the fries!

    ReplyDelete